As an extra special Friday lock-down treat for you, we're unveiling the recipe to our mouth-watering Isle of Wight Gallybagger Cheese Soufflé, which recently featured on BBC Good Food.
We highly recommend sourcing your ingredients locally, supporting local farmers and producers in your area! Why not see how many of the ingredients you can source locally?
We hope you enjoy trialing this very special recipe at home and share your creations with us!
We hope to welcome you back to The Royal very soon...
GALLYBAGGER CHEESE SOUFFLE
(makes approx. 8 souffles)
- 1/4 Pint of milk
- 20G Self raising flour
- 20G Butter
- 50G Organic eggyolks
- 300G Organic Egg whites
- 180G Gallygagger Cheese if possible from the The Isle of Wight Cheese Company. If not, a unpasteurised cheddar will work well
- 4G Salt
- Grated Parmasan
- Double Cream
- Melted butter
1. Line 8 ramekins with melted butter and grated Parmesan
2. Make a béchamel with the flour butter and milk
3. Add the cheese, allow to melt
4. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly
5. Beat the egg yolks into the mixture
6. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites to a stiff peak
7. Fold the béchamel into the whites
8. Pour the mixture to fill each of the ramekins
9. Place the ramekins into a deep tray and half fill with hot water
10. Cook in the oven at 140֯c for approximately 23 minutes
11. Allow to cool, then remove from the moulds
12. Trim the top and turn upside down onto a tray with grease proof paper
13. Pour a little cream and sprinkle some Parmesan over soufflé
14. Place back in the oven at 180֯c for 6 minutes